Movenpick SS Misr Itinerary
Wednesday: Arriving Cairo, Egypt
- Meet in Cairo airport then transfer to Cairo hotel for overnight
- Finalize your holiday itinerary with your guide upon arrival
Thursday: Giza Pyramids Tour
- Visit Giza Pyramids, Memphis and Sakkara
- Back to hotel and overnight in Cairo
Friday: Cairo City Sightseeing
- Tour to Egyptian Museum, Coptic and Islamic Old Cairo
- Evening transfer to Cairo airport and fly to Aswan
- Arrive Aswan, transfer to hotel for check in and overnight
Saturday: Movenpick SS Misr Cruise
- Check out after breakfast then transfer to embark SS Sudan before lunch
- Afternoon trip to Philae temple and back to cruise
- Evening visit to Kom Ombo temple, dinner and overnight on board in Edfu
Sunday: Movenpick SS Misr Cruise
- Morning trip to Horus temple in Edfu then back for lunch on board
- Afternoon, sail to Esna and continue to Luxor
- Dinner and overnight on board in Luxor
Monday: Movenpick SS Misr Cruise
- Arrive Abydos morning, visit Abydos temple and back to lunch on board
- Continue sailing then relish a night tour of the Temple of Dendera
- Dinner and overnight on board in Quena
Tuesday: Luxor City Sightseeing
- Disembark by midday then visit Karnak and Luxor temples
- Evening transfer to Luxor hotel and overnight
Wednesday: Fly to Cairo
- Check out from Luxor hotel after breakfast then fly back to Cairo
- Optional Tours in Luxor are also available if requested
- Arrive Cairo then transfer to Cairo hotel for check in and overnight
Thursday: Back Home
- Breakfast in hotel then check out
- Transfer to Cairo airport to fly back home
Movenpick SS Misr Inclusions
- Meet & assist in all mentioned airports
- All transportation by private AC Deluxe vehicles
- All flight tickets with Egypt Air
- Expert private Egyptologist guide during trips
- 03 nights in Cairo deluxe hotel with breakfast
- 01 night in Aswan deluxe hotel with breakfast
- 03 nights oboard SS Misr Nile Steamer Cruise on FB
- 01 night Luxor deluxe hotel with breakfast
- All private guided tours in itinerary
- Lunch meals & bottled water during Cairo trips
- Entry fees to the sights as per itinerary
- Service charges & taxes
- Mobile loan (30 min local / 5 min. international calls)
Beyond Movenpick SS Misr
Why Movenpick SS Misr?
Discover the beauty of Egypt in a luxurious and historic style with Movenpick SS Misr. It was first constructed in 1918 by the British Royal Navy and later transformed into a luxurious Nile steamer to be used by King Farouk. The SS Misr Nile cruise is a real-time capsule that brings back nostalgia for a bygone time, offering authentic luxury accommodations, food, and services. Misr Nile cruise features 16 cabins and eight suites as well as a large sun deck with a pool, a luxurious lounge, and bars with restaurants.
There's a lower sun deck, with chairs made of wicker, and the upper sun Deck, with comfy sunbeds to enjoy relaxation and the pool. The friendly staff is always available to serve refreshing drinks. SS Misr Nile cruise ship also has a gift shop that sells locally-made handmade items.
Each suite and cabin come with balconies that are private and overlook the amazing views of the Nile. They have a private bathroom, air conditioning, a hairdryer, a minibar, satellite TV, a telephone in the room, a safe deposit box, and two safety jackets.
Delicious food, exquisite crystal china, and service provided by the staff dressed during the reign of King Farouk added to the royal air. The luxurious Marasem Restaurant on Mövenpick SS Misr steamer Nile cruise lets diners indulge in gourmet meals and "live the time" by observing images of black and white from the Royal family and important events in Egypt's history covering the entire exterior of one of the walls.
A traditional English-style Dhabiyyat Bar is a perfect gathering spot for drinks before dinner. Saraya Lounge Saraya Lounge is an excellent place for cocktails after dinner, where you can sit back and relax while listening to music from the piano. Its Tashrifa Lobby, sundecks, and pool are ideal places to unwind while taking in the sights of the Upper Nile.
Movenpick SS Misr cruises on the Nile River along the route connecting Cairo and Aswan. The steamship was purchased and turned into a luxury "floating palace" for King Farouk I (Egypt's final monarch, 1936-1952). The name Misr is a reference to the "Kingdom of Egypt". The ship is controlled by Movenpick Group and operated via its subsidiary company Movenpick Hotels and Resorts Egypt.
The owner of the ship Movenpick Group (founded in 1973, headquarters located in Baar, Switzerland) is a joint venture hotel company controlled by Movenpick Holding (66,7%) and Kingdom Holding Company (Saudi Arabia 33,3 percent). Movenpick has more than 110 resorts, hotels, and Nile cruise ships. The fleet of SS Misr's mates (Movenpick-owned Nile cruisers) are Prince Abbas, Darakum, Hamees, MS Sun Ray, MS Royal Lotus, MS Royal Lily, and SB Feddya.
The SS Misr steamship cruise was declared a state asset after 1952. It was leased by the Ministry of Irrigation, where it was stored in a shipyard located in Cairo. A cruise line offered to purchase it in 2003. With the approval of state officials, the SS Misr Nile cruise was rebuilt following the original plans. It was in the year 2006 that the ship was relaunched, and it has been operated as a luxury hotel vessel.