Itinerary in Brief
Day 1: From Cairo to White Desert
- Pick up and road travel for 4 hours about 365 Km to Bahariya
- Arrive to Bahariya then drive by jeep to White Desert about 170 Km
- Visit Black Desert, Dunes Area, El Hiez Village and Desert Roses
- Evening Barbeque Dinner and overnight in White Desert camp
Day 2: White Desert & Akabat Trip
- Visit the magic spring, Ain Khadra, Sannta tree and Akabat in Farafra
- Barbeque dinner overnight under the stars in White Desert camp
Day 3: Gara Cave Trip
- Breakfast then travel for 174 Km off road, lunch en route by sand dunes
- Dinner and overnight in Gara cave camp
Day 4: Gara Cave Trip
- Morning drive to Bahariya Black Mountains, sand dunes & the salt lake
- Trip to Ain El Muftella temple, the English House & sunset view on sands
- Overnight in Bahariya Oasis
Day 5: Back to Cairo
- Leave Bahariya morning after breakfast
- Drive back for 4 hours to Cairo
What to Bring
- Sun glasses, Hats, sun cream
- Valid passport for 6 Months
- Comfortable clothes & shoes
- Scarf, photo and Video Camera
Western Desert Distances
- Cairo to Bahariya 370KM
- Cairo to Siwa 750 KM
- Siwa to Bahariya 490 KM
- Bahariya to White Desert 160 KM
- Farafra to Dakhla 280 KM
- Dakhla to Kharga 190 KM
- Kharga to Luxor 390 KM
- Cairo hotel pickup and drop off service
- All transport by private AC vehicle
- All desert transport by 4x4 car
- 3 nights Camping on full board basis
- 1 night in Bahariya Oasis Style Hut on half board
- All camping equipments
- Entry fees to the mentioned places
- Experienced personal tour guide
- Bottled water during trips
- All service charges and taxes
Places You’ll See
Frequently Asked Questions
Egypt is safe country to visit with notable low crime rate, tourist attractions are well secured and there is no common negative attitude towards foreigners, with some sensible precautions and preparations you will feel at home and as safe as you'll ever be.
There is no special dress code when visiting Egypt tourist sites, modest dress is recommended in less tourist sites and there is no special concern for women traveling alone.
Egyptian Arabic is the most commonly spoken language in Egypt, it is also the national language in the country but Egyptians speak and understand English as they study it in school. Fewer Egyptians can speak other languages like French, Italian, Spanish, and German. Egyptians working in tourism sector are accustomed to speak enough English and other languages to fulfill the needs of most travelers.
Egypt is very connected to the world, it has many direct flights with Africa, Asia, European Union and United States. Visit Cairo Airport website for a full list of Airlines that fly to Egypt.
Duty free allowances on arrival to Egypt are 1L alcohol, 1L perfume, and either 200 cigarettes, 25 cigars or 200g tobacco. Duty free shops are available in Egypt airports and major tourist cities (Cairo, Luxor, Hurghada, El Gouna and Sharm El Sheikh).
Giza Pyramids and most monuments and Museums in Egypt open between 8 Am to 5 Pm. During Ramadan, the holy month of the Islamic calendar, be aware that these hours will change significantly.
Shops and stores in Egypt are usually opened from 10 Am to 10 Pm however in major cities it opens much later and some are open 24 hours.
Visitors are welcome in most mosques throughout the year. Modest dress is recommended, women should cover their hair, arms and legs. Both Women and men will remove their shoes before entering.
Taking pictures for people and streets is fine after people permission While Taking pictures for official type or army structures is not permitted. In most historical sites and museums in Egypt it is allowed to use camera, some of them may charge you for camera but at the Egyptian Museum and some similar historical sites it is prohibited and you will be asked to leave camera at reception before entering.
Egypt enjoys big hotel variety from world class luxury to simple hostel accommodations; Check in time in most hotels in Egypt is around midday, 12 or 1 PM.
There in no health concerns or vaccinations required to visit Egypt but we recommend to check with your own doctor, he knows you and your medical history best.
The currency in Egypt is the Egyptian pound (LE), it is about ,06 to USD. Money exchange is widely available, Credit cards are largely used in Egypt major cities and tourist spots.
We do not recommend the public buses in big cities. Taxi and limousine service are fine every where but price is negotiable. Trains go to all big cities in Egypt except Sinai and the Red Sea. Flights from / to tourist cities are always available.
Tipping in Egypt is an appreciated habitual attitude but is Not obligatory. Generally 5 to 10 EGP for small favors is fine for carrying luggage, parking a car or to guys who clean bathrooms. 10 % is fine in restaurant and spa. Tipping your tour guide and vehicle driver should be considered if you're provided with good to great service, feel free to give what you think your experience was worth.
Good to know
- Black and White Desert Tour is available in multiple languages
- Package prices are fixed in USD but you can pay with any other currency.
- Package price is always valid except for Spring & Christmas seasons.
- Package prices are per person per trip including all items in tour offer.
- Package price does NOT include entry visa to the served destination.
- Package price does NOT include fees of any special archaeological sites.
- Black and White Desert Tour price excludes personal expenses.
- Package prices are updated always to give you the best possible price.
- Prices would NOT be changed once you have holiday package confirmed.
- Children under 2 years old are free of charge in similar trip packages.
- Children between 5 and 5.99 years would pay 25 % of adult package price.
- Children between 6 and 11.99 years would pay 50 % of adult package cost.
- Children will be charged in case your travel package includes any airfare.
- 25 % down payment is required to get your vacation package confirmed.
- 50 % down payment is required to confirm Easter & Xmas bookings.
- Full payment should be settled in cash or credit card upon arrival.
- Custom tailor made itineraries are available for family and solo traveler.
- Ask our agents about group discounts, loyality cupons & special offers.
- Printable Payment voucher & confirmation would be emailed to you.
- You will get our contacts list (operators & 24/7 customer care).
- We never apply cancellation fees in all ‘force majeure’ cases.
- Cancellation fees are applied in personal & business conditions.
- We book flights from Usa Uk Australia Canada Dubai India & Europe.
- We recommend you to buy good travel insurance as we do Not offer.
- Black and White Desert Tour with airfare is availabe on demand.
- Feel free to contact us for custom all inclusive & last minute deal.
- Terms apply when you book Black and White Desert Tour offer.
Covid 19 Hygiene Measures
- 10 people is the maxium group size in all tours and activities.
- Safe enough distance between people maintained whenever possible.
- Mask is obligatory and will be given to people who do not have it.
- Alcohol gel is available all time before during and after service.
- People running service in hotel and during tours wear mask and gloves.
- hotels and cruises follow safe hygienic practices to ensure your safety.
- Handing out printed materials like maps or brochures will be avoided.
- Temperature and wellness of our staff will be monitored daily.
- Admission will be denied to client with a temperature of 37+ degrees.
- Used transport will be deeply disinfected before and after service.
- The used transport means will be reduced to 50% of its maximum capacity.
- Maximum permitted capacity is 50% in all tourist attractions and museums.