Places You’ll See
Itinerary in Brief
Day 1: Cairo – Al Alamein - Siwa Oasis
We will pick you up early in the morning from your hotel in Cairo with private modern van and personal tour guide then drive about 3 hours to Alamein. Arrive there to explore the location of the WW II great battle took place in 1942, wander the WW II Museum & Cemetery. Proceed to the pretty bay of Marsa Matrouh on the coast of Mediterranean Sea then head to Siwa, about 6 hours driving then dinner and Overnight in Siwa.
Day 2: Siwa Oasis and Villages
Pick up shortly after the breakfast Siwa hotel to explore Shali or Siwan Old City, wander the tombs lying inside Gabal El Maouta or " the Mountain of the Dead" like SI Amon, MSW Isis and the Crocodile Tomb. Transfer to enjoy the Bedouin style life and enjoy the Roman Spring eye in Abu Sherouf village. Experience the charming Sunset at Al Awsat lake then transfer back to your hotel. Dinner & overnight in Siwa.
Day 3: Abu Ali Village - Shiata Lake
Uncover Siwa desert after breakfast in hotel, start at the village of Abu Ali then cross to the Great Siwa Mountain to check first human footprint over the mountain is dating back to the to prehistoric era. Continue to the fossils area to explore the rocky coral reef dates back to the Cambrian era then drive to the spring eyes of Shiata Lake. Enjoy the sand surfing in the desert before swimming in the cold spring relaxing atmosphere. Transfer to the hot spring for chill and tranquilize your Muscles and end the day admiring the Sunset with Bedouin Tea & overnight camping in Bir Wahid.
Day 4: Al Arag - Bahrian
After breakfast, transfer to visit Al-Arag Valley where you will see Caves or tombs at Al Arag with natural landscapes. Then transfer to Bahrian and overnight camping.
Day 5: Sand Sea - Ain Dalla
After breakfast, you will continue through the dunes of the Great Sand Sea. Then visit Dalla Spring. Overnight camping in the desert.
Day 6: Travel to Bahariya Oasis
Breakfast and continue crossing the Western Desert, Lunch break and arrive to the White Desert. Dinner and camping overnight.
Day 7: White & Black Deserts
Enjoy walking around the old village of Bahariya oasis to wander palms & fruit trees. Then move to the Black Mountains, explore the sand dunes and the salt lake then Continue to visit the Temple of Ain El Muftella and watch the the ruins ‘the English House’. Visit the Black Desert, Crystal Mountain, El Haize & Agabat Vallies Dinner with Bedouin entertainment & overnight.
Day 8: Back to Cairo
Breakfast and transfer to back to Cairo for departure
What to Bring
- Sun glasses, Hats, sun cream
- Valid passport for 6 Months
- Comfortable clothes & shoes
- Scarf, photo and Video Camera
Western Desert Distances
- Cairo to Bahariya 370KM
- Cairo to Siwa 750 KM
- Siwa to Bahariya 490 KM
- Bahariya to White Desert 160 KM
- Farafra to Dakhla 280 KM
- Dakhla to Kharga 190 KM
- Kharga to Luxor 390 KM
- Pick up services from hotel in Cairo & return
- 2 nights in Siwa at Ghaliet Ecolodge & Spa
- 1 night at Qasr El Bawity Hotel
- 4 nights at Camping in the Desert
- All tours mentioned in itinerary
- All transfers from / to Cairo and desert
- English speaking tour guide
- Entrance fees to the mentioned sites
- Meals as per above itinerary
- Camping equipment (sleeping bags / camel blanket / tents)
- Bottled Water & Soft drinks in the desert
- All taxes & service charge
Great Sand Sea Egypt Tour Facts
- Great Sand Sea Egypt Tour with airfare is available upon request.
- Egypt adventure itineraries are available for family & solo travellers.
- Price is valid around the year except for Easter & Christmas seasons.
- Egypt Classic luxury budget & cheap tours enjoy same service standards.
- We book Usa Uk Australia Canada Dubai Europe India and Egypt flights.
- Contact us for special offers - tours on sale - discounts and coupons.
- We offer Egypt safari trip for private individuals & small groups.
- Subscribe below for combined all-inclusive tours & last-minute deals.