Sonesta Moon Goddess Itinerary
Day 1: Aswan Adventure & Nubian Culture
Welcome to Aswan! After arriving in the city, hop on a felucca, a traditional sailing boat, and take a tour around Kitchener Island. As you glide through the calm waters of the Nile, marvel at the stunning views of the surrounding landscape. In the afternoon, board the Sonesta Moon Goddess Nile Cruise and get ready for a delicious afternoon tea. Afterward, enjoy a Nubian folkloric show, filled with vibrant music and dance. As the night falls, sit down to a delicious dinner on board and get a good night's sleep, as tomorrow's adventures await.
Day 2: Aswan Tour & Sail to Kom Ombo
Today, start the day with a tour of Aswan's top attractions. Visit the High Dam, a massive engineering feat that controls the flow of the Nile, and see the Granite Quarries, where ancient Egyptians sourced the stone for their monuments. Finally, explore the Temple of Philae, a beautiful temple dedicated to the goddess Isis. After a full day of sightseeing, return to the cruise ship and sail to Kom Ombo, a small town on the banks of the Nile. Visit the temple dedicated to the gods Sobek and Haroeris and learn about the ancient beliefs of the Egyptians. As the night falls, continue sailing to Edfu and enjoy a delicious dinner on board.
Day 3: Edfu Temple & Sail to Luxor
Today, journey to Edfu, a small town on the banks of the Nile, and visit the Temple of Horus, one of the best-preserved temples in Egypt. This stunning structure is filled with intricate carvings and hieroglyphics, telling the story of the ancient gods. After your visit, return to the cruise ship and sail to Luxor, the ancient city of Thebes. As the night falls, join the Galabeya Party, a fun-filled evening of traditional music and dance. End the night with a delicious dinner on board.
Day 4: Luxor East & West Banks Tour
Today, explore the West Bank of Luxor on a half-day tour. Visit the Valley of the Kings, the burial site of the pharaohs, and see the tombs of famous rulers like Tutankhamun and Ramses the Great. In the afternoon, continue to the East Bank of the Nile and visit the Temple of Karnak and the Temple of Luxor. These massive structures were built over thousands of years and are filled with intricate carvings and hieroglyphics. As the night falls, return to the cruise shipand enjoy a delicious dinner on board.
Day 5: Disembarkation & Departure from Luxor
Today is your final day in cruise. Disembark the MS Sonesta Moon Goddess and transfer to the airport for your final departure. As you leave this incredible country, take with you the memories of the ancient pyramids, the stunning temples, and the vibrant culture of the Nile. We hope you had a wonderful time and that you will visit again soon.
Sonesta Moon Goddess Cruise Facilities:
- In-room dining available until midnight
- Main dining room, lounge, sun deck bar
- Nightly entertainment
- Fully-purified water, filtered and softened before distribution
- Barbecue area on deck
- Fitness and recreation areas
- Outdoor swimming pool with bar service
- Jogging track
- Spacious gym
- Guided sightseeing excursions
- Doctor available on call against charge
Sonesta Moon Goddess Inclusions
- Meet and assist service upon arrival & departure
- All transfers by modern AC deluxe vehicle
- MS Sonesta Moon Goddess Nile Cruise booking on full board basis
- All Cruise excursions sharing nile cruise group
- Entrance fees to Luxor and Aswan sights
- English-speaking tour guides during sightseeing
- All service charges and taxes
Sonesta Moon Goddess Highlights
- Aswan's Charm: Begin your journey in Aswan, sailing on a traditional felucca around Kitchener Island. Experience a Nubian folkloric show and indulge in a delightful dinner on the Sonesta Moon Goddess Nile Cruise.
- Aswan's Marvels: Explore Aswan's highlights, including the High Dam, Granite Quarries, and the beautiful Temple of Philae. Sail to Kom Ombo, where you'll visit the Sobek and Haroeris Temple, followed by a journey to the well-preserved Edfu Temple.
- Luxor's Ancient Wonders: Discover the Valley of the Kings, Tutankhamun's resting place, and explore the magnificent Temple of Karnak and the Temple of Luxor on Luxor's East Bank. Join the Galabeya Party for a night of traditional music and dance.
- Farewell to Egypt: Disembark from the MS Sonesta Moon Goddess in Luxor and bid farewell to the land of pharaohs. Depart with memories of ancient wonders, vibrant culture, and the hospitality of the Nile. Safe travels!
- Onboard Comforts: Enjoy in-room dining, nightly entertainment, and guided sightseeing excursions. Stay refreshed with fully-purified water and make use of the ship's fitness areas and outdoor swimming pool.
Beyond Sonesta Moon Goddess
Movenpick Royal Lily
Movenpick Royal Lotus
Steigenberger Minerva Nile Cruise
Ms Mayfair Nile Cruise
Tosca Nile Cruise
Ms Farah Nile Cruise
Nile Goddess Cruise
Sonesta St George Nile Cruise
Movenpick Royal Lily Cruise
Movenpick Royal Lotus Nile Cruise
Minerva Nile Cruise
Mayfair Nile Cruise
Ms Tosca Nile Cruise
Ms Darakum Nile Cruise
Sonesta Moon Goddess FAQs
When was the Ms Sonesta Moon Goddess Nile cruise built?
The Ms Sonesta Moon Goddess Nile cruise was built in the year 2000.
What is the deck plan like for the Sonesta Moon Goddess cruise ship (Ms Sonesta Moon Goddess)?
The Sonesta Moon Goddess Nile cruise ship, also known as Ms Sonesta Moon Goddess, features a deck plan with 3 decks. It offers a total of 53 cabins, providing accommodations for up to 106 passengers during their Nile cruise experience. The cruise is operated by a team of 50 English-speaking staff members to ensure a comfortable and enjoyable journey for all travelers.
When are the sailing dates for the Sonesta Moon Goddess Nile cruise?
The Sonesta Moon Goddess Nile cruise departs weekly, with sailings on Tuesday from Luxor and Friday from Aswan.
Personalize Sonesta Moon Goddess
- Complete the form to request an offer for Sonesta Moon Goddess Nile Cruise Aswan.
- Specify the airport for the all-inclusive Nile Cruise Luxor to Aswan with airfare.
- Once satisfied with the deal, proceed to book Sonesta Moon Goddess.